Turning To Crime CD
ARTIST: Deep Purple
Please note this is a pre order and wont be dispatched until 26/1/21. Anything ordered with this item will not be dispatched until that date.
After five decades of records made chiefly of original material, Deep Purple’s 22nd studio album consists solely of songs written and previously recorded by other artists: a criminal offense commonly described by the rock police and purists Grand Jury as “doing covers.”
Studio recordings of songs previously released by Love, Huey “Piano” Smith, Fleetwood Mac, Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles & Quincy Jones, Little Feat, The Yardbirds, Lonnie Donegan/ Johnny Horton, Bob Seger System, Cream, plus the “Caught In The Act” medley feat. songs by Freddie King, Booker T. and the M.G.’s, The Allman Brothers Band, Led Zeppelin and The Spencer Davis Group came to life with the band, for the first time in their career, recording them while not being in the same room.
“Turning To Crime” is Deep Purple enjoying playing music without commercial plans nor losing their edge and drive. This is Deep Purple coming full circle.
This is 100% Deep Purple.
- 7 And 7 Is (Love)
- Rockin' Pneumonia And The BoogieWoogie Flu (Huey “Piano” Smith)
- Oh Well (Fleetwood Mac)
- Jenny Take A Ride! (Mitch Ryder & theDetroit Wheels)
- Watching The River Flow (Bob Dylan)
- Let The Good Times Roll (Ray Charles &Quincy Jones)
- Dixie Chicken (Little Feat)
- Shapes Of Things (The Yardbirds)
- The Battle Of New Orleans (LonnieDonegan/Johnny Horton)
- Lucifer (Bo Seger System)
- White Room (Cream)
- Caught In The Act Medley: Going Down (FreddieKing)/Green Onions (Booker T. and theM.G.’s)/Hot ‘Lanta (The Allman BrothersBand)/Dazed and Confused (LedZeppelin)/Gimme Some Lovin’ (TheSpencer Davis Group)